Self-Esteem/ Self-confidence Protocol
Initially, aim for 3 sessions. If further sessions are needed, this can be discussed with the parents.
- Establish rapport and play About Me to establish what the child likes about themselves and what they are good at
- Use the Miracle Question script (choose the precise script based on the age and emotional/ cognitive developmental level of the child).
- Score – using numerical or visual method – where the child currently places him or herself in relation to their future self
- Conduct induction of choice
- Magic Mirror Script
- Sophie and the magic cloud script
- Personalised ego strengthening – include positive suggestions about what the child saw during their ‘miracle question’ script, and feedback the positive things they told you about themselves during the solution focused game
- Trance termination – ramp up the positive suggestions!
- Identify any areas of ‘homework’ – based on the miracle question solutions
- Revisit the solution focused scale – where is the child on that scale currently? Use your solution focused questions to ask:
- How did they improve?
- Stay the same?
- Avoid going down the scale?
- What steps will they take next week to go further up the scale?
- Use the ABCDE Questionnaire to identify exactly what beliefs the child holds about themselves, and the types of situations which trigger these
- Set up an anchor using the Anchor Protocol – the child’s hidden ‘superpower’
- Conduct induction of your choice
- Use the CBT Hypnosis script and incorporate the findings from the ABCDE Questionnaire. Use the anchor during the CBT Hypnosis script
- Increase empowerment – Spotlight’s on You
- Personalised ego strengthening – focus on any improvements the child has made since their first session
- Trance termination – more positive suggestions!
- ‘Homework’ based on your CBT discussion
Revisit the solution focused scale – where is the child on that scale currently? Use your solution focused questions to ask:
How did they improve?
Stay the same?
Avoid going down the scale?
What steps will they take next week to go further up the scale?
Conduct induction of your choice
Ditch the Gremlin!
The Floating Box
The Great ME inside!
The New Book
Personalised ego strengthening – focus on any improvements the child has made since their first session and how they’re going to take all these improvements forwards
Trance termination - with loads of positive suggestions!